Delicious no-bake gluten free cheesecake with pecan nuts. Easy and amazingly simple Philadelphia cheesecake. You don’t need the oven and It’s gluten free.
I love cheesecake, but I prefer to make it without an oven. To make it without an oven, you need to prepare the cake with plenty of time and in advance.
When you make a cheesecake without an oven, the cake needs a long resting time in the fridge. This will allow the cheese to set and the cake will be creamy and have a firm consistency.
For this cake you need mainly Philadelphia cheese, graham crackers, cream, and caramel sauce
You can easily prepare the caramel sauce in the thermomix or instead a sauce pan.
TIPS for the best no-bake gluten free cheesecake
Some tips to make your Philadelphia cheesecake delicious
- Pecan nuts
They’re the perfect touch for the cheesecake. Not only are great for decore, but they’re delicious. This type of nut combines very well with the graham craker base and the caramel.
- Homemade graham crackers
If you don’t want to use the oven, you can buy graham crackers, but the best way is to make them yourself at home. The result is incredibly amazing.
- Homemade caramel sauce
Don’t buy it, make it yourself. The caramel sauce is the sweet touch of this cheesecake. It’s best to make it yourself, it’s simply delicious. If you don’t want to make it too complicated, you can make it with the Thermomix.
Look how easy it’s to prepare this no-bake gluten free cheesecake
How to prepare this no-bake gluten free cheesecake
All the ingredients to make this cheesecake with caramel and nuts
For the bottom of the cheesecake you need graham crackers, either homemade or bought. I recommend homemade, they’re much better and also, very easy to make.
For the homemade cookies you need:
- Gluten-free flours. For this recipe, I used 90% rice flour and 10% corn flour. If you don’t have corn flour, you can use just rice flour. If you want to make cookies WITH GLUTEN you can use wheat flour.
- Honey. For this cookie recipe, you’ll need a lot of honey, not just a spoonful (like in another of my recipes). In this recipe, the honey gives the cookies a “cheesy” texture and sweetness.
- Cinnamon. You can’t substitute cinnamon, it gives graham crackers their distinctive flavor and aroma.
- Butter. I used lactose-free butter, but you can use any kind.
- Baking soda gives the dough a little air. (but it’s optional)
- Salt to enhance the flavor
For the cream cheese you only need 4 ingredients
- Philadelphia type cheese. I used the Philadelphia type lactose free cheese. If you want a no-bake gluten free cheesecake you can’t substitute or replace this kind of cheese. Philadelphia type of cheese makes a great and dense texture to the cheesecake.
- Cream. You can use whipping cream (it’s ideal). In my case, I didn’t find any lactose-free whipped cream and I used lactose-free cooking cream (-30% fat) . If you have whipping cream with more than 30% fat within reach, use it, it’ll be much better and you’ll be able to whip it very well.
- Vanilla sugar (optional) or instead you can use vanilla extract, but the downside is that it’ll change the color of the cream cheese a bit (and make it a bit darker). If you want the cream cheese to be all white, use vanilla sugar.
- Powdered sugar. It’s important to use powdered sugar or caster sugar instead of white sugar. You don’t need to buy powdered sugar, you can grind the white sugar in a thermomix or a ninja blender until it becomes powder. This way you won’t notice the sugar in the cream cheese.
- Powdered gelatin or gelatin sheets. To hold the cheesecake together, you’ll need some gelatin. I used powdered gelatin, but it’s much better to use gelatin sheets (you need to hydrate in water before adding to the cream) and you’ll get a denser and more cohesive cream cheese.
- For the caramel sauce you need white sugar, butter, cream, salt, water and lemon juice.
- I used lactose-free cream for cooking with less than 30% fat, but, it’s better to use whipping cream (with more 30% of fat.
Don’t buy the graham crackers, make them yourself, it taste much better.
Step by step for this no-bake gluten free cheesecake
Making this no-bake cheesecake is very easy, but you’ll need plenty of time to rest in the fridge.
First, you need to prepare the bottom of the cake, which is made of graham crackers (either homemade or purchased).
If you don’t want to buy the crackers, you’ll have to use the oven to bake them. (If you already have graham crackers, you can skip this step)
Here’s how you prepare the cookies.
- Put the butter, rice flour, sugar, honey and cinnamon powder in a bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated. Form the dough into a ball.
- Wrap the ball with plastic wrap. Let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the cookie dough and cut the cookies into rectangles or circles (as you prefer).
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10- 15 minutes at 180ºC (the time varies according to the type of oven you have). Bake the cookies when they are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
Once the cookie are done:
Put the cookies and a handful of pecans nuts in a zip-top bag. Crush the cookies with a rolling pin until they’re very small and almost powdery. Place the crushed cookies in a bowl and add 1 cup of melted butter. Mix lightly until the butter is incorporated.
Grease the mold and pour in the cookie mixture. Crush the cookies to cover the mold and form the bottom of the cake (as shown in the picture). Place it in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
While the cookie base is resting: Add the whipped cream, the Philadelphia cheese, the powdered sugar and gelatin in a bowl. Mix very well until everything is combined.
Take the cookie base out of the freezer and pour the cream cheese over it. Let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours.
If you’re in a hurry, you can put the cake in the freezer for half an hour.
In the meantime, prepare the caramel sauce. You can easily prepare it in the Thermomix TM6 according to its recipe: “Caramel sauce”.
- To prepare the caramel sauce in the Thermomix, first put 250 g white sugar, 30 g water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 30 g butter and 70 g cream (I used lactose-free cream and butter) in the mixer/mixing bowl. Start the sugar points program (it usually takes about 26 minutes).
- Add 170 g of cream and stir, without using the measuring cup, for 2 minutes at spoon speed. And again for 3 minutes in the Varoma on speed 2.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a container to temper.
If you don’t have a Thermomix, you can also make the caramel sauce in a saucepan.
To do this, put a saucepan on low heat, add 250 g white sugar, 30 g water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 30 g butter and 70 g cream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Once the caramel is darker and smells like caramel, you can remove the pan from the heat. Add the remaining cream and a pinch of salt. Keep stirring for a few more minutes.
Let the caramel sauce sit until it cools.
Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and pour the caramel sauce over it. Garnish the cheesecake with pecans.
Let the cake sit in the fridge for a few hours to set and cool thoroughly. If you’re in a hurry, you can also put it in the freezer for a few hours. Unmold the cheesecake and enjoy!
Can you freeze the cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze it. Take it out of the freezer for about 20 minutes before serving and enjoy.
Can the vanilla sugar be substituted with another ingredient?
The vanilla sugar is completely optional in this recipe, it just adds a little flavor to the cream cheese. You can substitute it with vanilla extract. But if you use vanilla extract it can change a little bit the colour of your cream.
The cream cheese and cream need to be very cold at the time you make the cheesecake.
What kind of graham crackers do I need for the cookies base?
It’s better to make the graham crackers at home, they’ll taste much better. If you don’t have time to prepare the cookies, you can use store-bought graham crackers or Maria crackers. They have to be butter cookies type.
How many cookies do I need for the bottom of the cake?
If you buy them, you’ll need at least 200 grams, but it depends on how thick you want the cheesecake. If you want a very thick bottom, you’ll need more cookies.
Can I substitute opecan nuts for other nutr?
Yes, you can substitute with a mix of nuts such as walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts.
Pecans in the base of the cookie base and on top of the cheesecake give a delicious flavor.
Find more sweet recipes
- Vegan gluten free banana bread
- Chocolate chip cookies gluten free recipe
- Sourdough banana bread (gluten-free recipe)
- Gluten-free zucchini bread
- Glutn-free oatmeal cookies
- Gluten free cookies with nuts
- Glutenfree caramel and chocolate bars
- Gluten-free Sourdough lemon cake