Healthy meal on the way, delicious baked veggies with potatoes. A very easy and healthy recipe for your menu plan.
Batchcooking is basically preparing a few healthy recipes to serve as a base for the week. This way you prepare the food in less time throughout the week. For example this recipe that I bring you today, baked veggies, potatoes.
During the week it is more difficult to find time to cook healthy dishes. Therefore, if you have some half-prepared recipes such as a stew, you will avoid always cooking pasta or precooked meals.
To do a batchcooking you have to plan a little bit the menu of the week, to have minimally thought about what you are going to eat during the week.
Top 4 benefits of batchcooking
Here you have some advantages of making a weekly batchcooking. Eat healthy meals and some baked veggies during the week thanks to batchcooking
- Weekly menu
You will be able to plan your weekly menu, buy the food you need for batch cooking and avoid wasting food.
- Ingredients lisst- save time shopping
You will be able to plan your shopping. You won’t have to go to the supermarket several times a week, you can go once and buy all the ingredients on your list.
- Save time during the week
You don’t waste time. If you make several dishes on the weekend and store them in airtight containers during the week you won’t have to cook too much.
- Healthy meals When you stop to think about the menu for the week, you are more conscious of what you eat and you can change it for healthier dishes, with more vegetables…
Look how easy is to bake this veggies!
Healthy dinner- Baked vegetables with some potatoes and pumpkin
All the ingredients to make this roasted vegetables
To make this healthy meal you will need:
- Olive oil. I use extra virgin olive oil, perfect for baking veggies and give a good flavour.
- Onion. I used sweet onion but you can use any kind of onion.
- Potatoes. You can use also red potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Butternut squash. I love pumpkin and whenever I can I roast it in the oven.
- Green peppers. You could also use red peppers
- Salt and pepper
- Spices. You can use rosemary, oregano, parsley and you can use them fresh or not. I use them dry because I didn’t have fresh herbs on hand.
What do you need to make this recipe? Basically you only need some potatoes, veggies, a baking tray or a baking dish and some time to peel and chop the veggies
How to make this healthy meal: baked veggies and potatoes
- First peel and cut the onion and the pepper. Then peel the potato and the butternut squash.
- To make it look good and properly baked, cut the potato and the butternut squash in cubes, or pieces of the same size.
- In a baking tray or baking dish, add a little bit of olive oil, the potatoes and the pumpkin.
- Add the spices and herbs and mix a little.
- In another baking dish add the chopped onion and green bell pepper. Add a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven the baking dish with the potatoes and the one with onions and peppers. Bake them at the same time but you’ll need to remove the baking dish with the peppers and onions earlier. Bake the onion and peppers for about 25 minutes. And bake for approx. 40 minutes the potatoes and the butternut squash or until you see that they are cooked. You can bake everything at the same time on 2 oven racks.
Can I use fresh herbs like rosemary?
Yes of course! really fresh herbs will be much better and will add much more flavor.
Can I bake the veggies and the potatoes at the same time?
Yes! but make sure you cut the butternut squash and the potatoes in small pieces. If you cut them in large pieces they will need longer cooking time compared to onions and peppers
Tip: I recommend you to bake some other dish while you bake the vegetables, so you will take advantage of the time and the heat of the oven.
Find More Dinner recipes
- Potato and Onion Baked with Rosemary and Tomatoes
- Mini sourdough pizzas with vegetables- glutenfree recipe