Easy Gluten free chocolate lava cakes recipe. Delicious coulant – lava cakes that are soft and fluffy on the inside! Are perfect for breakfast.
There’s nothing better with a cup of coffee than a little piece of chocolate. Chocolate lava cakes have the perfect size to add a little sweetness to a cup of coffe.
Making chocolate lava cakes is much easier and faster than you think. The dough is very simple, you need very few ingredients and the baking time is only 6 minutes.
TIPS for the best Gluten free chocolate lava cakes
A few tips to make your gluten free chocolate lava cakes look spectacular
- Chocolate bar to melt
You need a really good chocolate so these lava cakes are delicious. It’s better to use baking chocolate bars
- Control the cooking time and temperature of the oven
To make sure the chocolate lava cakes are fluffy and moist inside (and the chocolate inside is slightly melted), it’s important to control the baking time. Bake these gluten free chocolate lava cakes for only 6 minutes at 240ºC. Don’t overdo it, otherwise it’ll burn on the outside and become dry on the inside. You could also bake them at lowe temperature such as 200ºC and bake them 10 minutes.
To make them taste delicious and have a moist and fluffy consistency, don’t replace the butter with another ingredient such as oil. You can reduce the amount of butter and add a little bit of coconut oil but just a bit. The butter is important in the texture of the recipe.
How to prepare Gluten free chocolate lava cakes
All the ingredients to bake chocolate these lava cakes in 5 minutes
- Butter. I used lactose-free butter for this recipe, but you can use regular butter. If you don’t want to use butter, you can substitute it with sunflower oil or coconut oil.
- Powdered Sugar. This type of sugar makes the cake softer and fluffier. Powdered sugar is a bit expensive and you can easily make it at home. All you’ve to do is grind the white sugar in an electric mixer on high speed until it becomes powder (use a mixer similar to a Ninja or Thermomix).
- Rice flour. To make the lava cakes gluten free, I used rice flour, but you can also use corn flour (cornstarch).* If you want to make the recipe WITH GLUTEN you can use baking flour.
- Coconut oil. To reduce the amount of butter, I added a little bit of coconut oil, but you can also replace it with sunflower oil or more butter.
- Eggs. You need whole eggs on one side and egg yolks on the other. This recipe doesn’t have a lot of flour or yeast, but it does have a lot of eggs. The egg gives the dough the texture we like so much in lava cakes.
- Salt flakes for a better taste.
- Chocolate bar for baking. I used a dairy free dark chocolate for melting.
If you want to make it with gluten, you can use baking flour, all-purpose flour, or wheat flour.
Step by step to make Gluten free chocolate lava cakes
To make these Gluten free chocolate lava cakes, first cut the chocolate into very, very small pieces. You can also grind the chocolate in an electric mixer (e.g. Ninja or Thermomix).
Next, melt the butter in the microwave (carefully) or in a saucepan.
Put the chopped or minced chocolate in a large bowl and add the hot butter. Stir until the chocolate is melted. Add 3 egg yolks and 3 whole eggs, the salt flakes and two tablespoons of coconut oil to this bowl of chocolate. Whisk well until all ingredients are combined.
Add the powdered sugar and flour and beat very well.
Grease a muffin tin with oil or butter. Pour some of the batter into each mold.
Bake the coulants (lava cakes) in an oven preheated to 240° for 6 minutes! You’ve to be very careful here, if you bake it longer, the lava cakes may be dry or burnt on top. Bake it for only 6 minutes and put it in the oven at half height or at the bottom
Can you freeze the lava cakes?
Yes, you can freeze them already baked. Once baked and cooled, you can freeze them in a tupper or plastic bag.
Can you substitute butter with another ingredient?
Yes, you can substitute coconut oil or sunflower oil for the butter but I don’t recommend it. If you substitute oil for butter, the coulant or lava cake it will have a slightly different consistency, but will still taste good.
If you want to make the lava cakes with gluten, you can use wheat flour, all-purpose flour or baking flour.
How to prepare these Gluten free lava cakes with white chocolate?
If you want to make these Gluten free chocolate lava cakes with white chocolate, just use white chocolate instead of dark chocolate. But I recommend you to reduce the amount of butter or oil in the recipe, because white chocolate has a higher fat content than dark chocolate.
Also, be very careful when melting the white chocolate because it can burn s very easily. To prevent the chocolate from burning, melt it in a pot in a water bath over very low heat.
If you want to reduce the amount of butter, you can increase the amount of coconut oil, but the consistency will change a bit.
Find more sweet recipes
- Vegan gluten free banana bread
- Chocolate chip cookies gluten free recipe
- Sourdough banana bread (gluten-free recipe)
- Gluten-free zucchini bread
- Glutn-free oatmeal cookies
- Gluten free cookies with nuts
- Glutenfree caramel and chocolate bars
- Gluten-free Sourdough lemon cake